Failed attemp at bread.

Outback Steakhouse's Bushman Bread Recipe.

yes, I tried to make it. Of course, I didn't follow directions and used a different flour, but overall it's quite similar I tried the bread machine, but with the dough being so dense, it was hard to mix it completely, so I used the kitchen aid mixer I love so dearly. I feel like tomorrow I should purchase bread flour and make it again, but we shall see. I have an interview tomorrow and am wicked excited about it. God has certainly blessed us lately.

Ingredients:

3 packages dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Cup warm water
1/2 Cup dark molasses
1 Tablespoon salt
2 Tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
2 Cups Rye flour
2 1/2-3 Cups Bread Flour ( I used white whole wheat..DEFINATELY not the same texture/taste)


Preheat Oven to 375.
Soften yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
Stir in the sugar and let stand for 6 minutes or until bubbly.
In large mixing bowl combine yeast, 1 cup water, molasses,salt, oil, and rye flour. 
Mix until smooth. 
Work in the bread flour until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. 
Knead dough for a few minutes and then let it rise in a greased bowl till it's doubled in size.
Punch dough down and shape into 2 large round loaves.
Place loaves a few inches apart onto greased and cornmeal dusted cookie sheet. Sprinkle a bit of the cornmeal over the top of the loaves.
 *don't hold back on the cornmeal like I did* hehe
Let loaves rise in a warm place until doubled. 
Bake loaves at 375 for about 30 minutes or until the crust makes a hollow sound when tapped. 

 
Love the texture of this. yum.
 
I used my cookie scoop in the butter because I was feeling fancy...as well as the boring white cutting board, too. I don't have any awesome bread boards to use, so this does us for now. Notice how DENSE this bread came out compared to the REAL Outback Steakhouse Bread?



epic.fail.

0 comments: