What a fInd!!


I found King Arthur's White Whole Wheat Flour on Sale at the Local grocery store! I think I may grab another bag before it goes off sale on Wednesday! Apparently, it's whole wheat flour, with a lighter taste, like white bread yet it hasn't been stripped of it's nutrients. I am making this recipe below from the King Arthur Website and it looks yummy in the bread machine currently. I substituted One cup of whole wheat flour in the mix instead of using all white whole wheat flour! ( I gotta save this precious gem, it's normally $5.99/bag!!) However, if it's quite similar, I may switch all my white flours in the pantry to this product, or one similar. I also found ground flax seed, that I am going to start utilizing to make meals healthier. I cannot believe how much processed food we eat, really. And I had a 'vision' for lack of a better term that it's MY responsibility to make sure my husband and I eat healthy and are active. Yes, he's an Active Duty Marine, but they don't 'schedule' pt like most units do these days. It is my job to make sure he's getting the nutrients he needs to sustain a healthy body as a fit Marine and my job to maintain a much healthier lifestyle than what we've been undertaking recently.  Proverbs 31 is my goal... it's the only place where you'll find 'wifely' duties in God's Instruction Manual for Life aka the Bible. So, with waking with the sun and all that to provide food for my husband, I think it's my Duty to him and God that it'll be something other than toaster strudels (much to his dismay, I am sure) and orange juice.
Here's the amazing recipe from www.KingAthurFlours.com. Oh and Vital Gluten can be found at Walmart, it's about $2.00 and will last for about a month if you stick to baking homemade bread every few days.




The following recipe is one we worked out for the Zojirushi. It makes a firm, sweet loaf of golden bread. It shouldn't be hard adapting it to your own machine; all you need to know is what proportion of flour/liquid/yeast your machine functions best with. Take a look at the dough after it's kneaded for about 10 to 12 minutes or so; it should be smooth, not sticky (too little flour) or lumpy (too little liquid), forming a nice ball. If the dough looks good at this point, you're probably all set.
For 1 1/2 lb. bread machine
1 1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
3 to 3 1/2 cups King Arthur 100% White Whole Wheat or Traditional Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup sunflower, sesame or flax seeds, or a combination (optional)
1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast

Put all of the ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed. Program for basic white bread, and press Start.

0 comments: