Thanksgiving

I realize that it has been literally WEEKS since Thanksgiving, but I still have the memories and photographs to share. My internet connection has been wonky as of late so it's taken me some time and angst to get over the fact that my high-speed cable internet is now WORSE than dial-up or satellite. It takes way too long to process a page let alone a page with pictures. I am hoping that Hubbi fixes it or I'll start pricing the competitors' out. It's seriously that bad.

Anyhow. Thanksgiving was superb. I didn't stuff my face, but had a little bit of everything except my mum's kitchen sink salad. OOPS. Who wants to eat like a rabbit when there is homemade mac and cheese, freshly made mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, succulent turkey, and gravy? I sure didn't. But of course it did looks fabulous. If it weren't Thanksgiving, I would have had some. There were craisins, almonds, tomatoes, onions, peppers, romaine and iceburg lettuces, french fried onion strips, and feta cheese. I am not sure what to call it, so I'll go with kitchen sink salad. It seems like an interesting mix of flavors and one that my taste buds did not seem pressed to consume.
Instead I had the moist turkey, gravy, taters, rolls, mac and cheese, green bean casserole, and cherry pie and a small piece of fudge. We ate around 1400 (2pm) and didn't have a dinner per se. We munched on cheese and crackers and appetizer like things. It was great to have mum and Roger over for a Holiday. We watched GiJoe since they hadn't seen it before... and I started Christmas with the Kranks, but they left early to get home since it's a 3 hour drive.
Chris and I went shopping on black friday and got some cricut cartridges (always a plus) and accessories. We also picked up a bluray player that was actually returned last night. We traded it in because it no longer wanted to play movies of any kind, bluray or not. Boo. This one seems better, but only time will tell. The Hubbi has to set it up on-line so we can stream our Netflix and let our movie addiction continue! We're also currently addicted to freshly made bread. I made sourdough last night and we had two slices left as of this morning. It paired nicely with the pot roast I made in the crock pot. YUM!

Sweet Dinner Rolls:
1/2 Cup Warm Water (110 degrees F)
1/2 Cup Warm Milk
1 Egg
1/3 Cup Butter, softened
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Cups White Flour
1 3/4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Package Active Dry Yeast

Place water, milk, egg, butter, sugar, salt, flour, and yeast into pan of bread machine and select dough/knead and first rise cycle. Press Start.

When cycle is done, turn dough onto a light floured surface. Roll dough into small walnut size balls and place 3 balls inside a buttered cupcake tin. Cover with clean kitchen towel and put in a warm place. Let it rise 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees f. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes until golden.

0 comments: